Go Back

DiscoverSea Shipwreck Museum

Fenwick Island, DE

4 (5 reviews)

Where are we going?

Address: 708 Coastal Hwy, Fenwick Island, DE 19944, USA How do we get there? Number: 302 539-9366
Suggest edit

About this activity

DiscoverSea Shipwreck Museum is ALL about giving families a fascinating day out, where kids can uncover stories, learn about history, and come face to face with real life shipwreck artifacts - sounds pretty amazing, doesn't it!

DiscoverSea Shipwreck Museum is an ever-changing exhibit that expands and diversifies with the acquisitions of new artifacts as they are recovered. Yep - straight from the ocean floor!

Here's a fun fact - the museum's collection of shipwreck and recovered artifacts is one of the LAREGEST in the Mid-Atlantic! In fact, it contains shipwreck artifacts both regional and worldwide. The current location is home to about 10,000 artifacts at all times, so there is plenty to see on your next family day out!

That's about 20% of what they have to show. This means the other 80% are rotated throughout museum exhibits around the world. 

When you visit DiscoverSea Shipwreck Museum, prepare yourself to travel through a hands-on experience, which will enable you to shake hands with history.  It's a great day where kids can immerse themselves in real life history (and an exciting one at that!) and ask all the questions that they need.

Are you ready to explore the wrecks of ships from the past? 

Activity location

How much does it cost?



Free admission, donations appreciated! ​



Free admission, donations appreciated! ​


Last Updates


DiscoverSea Shipwreck Museum FAQ’s

There are plenty of places where you can fill up along the main street such as pizzas, hotdogs and cafes serving sandwiches.

They of course have a museum store where you can pick up historic artifacts, materials, books and films!

Group tours are available year round so call to book ahead!

What people are saying?

Rate & Write a Review

Your rating *

Review us on Trustpilot

We value your feedback, please take a moment to leave Familydaysout.com a review on Trustpilot.

Leave a Review