Located in a picturesque, rural setting in southern Delaware, Abbott's Mill Nature Center features: Year-round natural, cultural, and agricultural history programs available for individulas of all ages and the entire family.
Kids will enjoy Live Native Amphibians and Reptiles exhibits, plus Mammal, Waterfowl, and Raptor taxidermy displays. Explore the Historic water-powered grist and roller mill with guided tours available for groups.
Part of 313-acre Milford Millponds Nature Preserve with miles of public hiking trails for all abilities with trail Maps available at the Nature Center. Canoeing, survival skills and mill-based programs available for youth groups and other organizations.
Overnight educational experiences are available at Redden State Forest Lodge, plus Girl and Boy Scout programs and service project opportunities available. Teen Naturalist program available for youths, ages 13 to 17; week-long Summer programs for all ages (June to August).
From Wilmington, DE - about 1½ hours drive
• I-95 South toward NEWARK/BALTIMORE
• Pick up DE-1 South via exit number 4A toward CHRISTIANA/MALL ROAD (toll road)
• In MILFORD (past Dover), MERGE onto US-113 South (do not head towards beaches)
• Pass Wal-Mart and Geyer's Restaurant
• At next traffic light, be ready to turn right onto Rt. 36. There is a traffic light, a Royal Farms Gas station and a large brown/white "Abbott's Mill Nature Center" sign
• On Rt. 36 West, pass through one junction
Free so far as we know
Donations Support: Affordable Programming, Clean Water, Farmland Preservation, and Wildlife Conservation.
School field studies, classroom visits, and On-Your-School-Grounds programs available in line with current Delaware State Educational Standards.