With the upcoming summer heat wave, we thought it might be a good idea to list our guide to how to enjoy a great day out at a cooling water park! Here are our top tips to making the most of enjoying your day with the family.
- The big water parks can be expensive so always look around to see if there are any vouchers or family deals they are doing.
- No one wants to spend more time queuing than zooming down a water chute, so it’s always worth calling ahead to check how busy they expect to be and plan to set off early to get a good spot.
- It’s very easy to get sunburnt, even in the water, so make sure you keep a bottle of sun cream with you and reapply regularly throughout the day. Smaller kids may benefit from wearing a UV protection outfit and a hat.
- Most parks do not allow food to be taken in so picnics may be out. Does the park provide towels? Does the park have lockers you can hire to store any valuables in? Are there any dos and don'ts? Most water parks won't allow any glass bottles for example. Call to check.
- With all the running around it’s easy to get dehydrated so keep everyone topped up with water. it's very easy to forget this when you are busy having fun but it's very important in the heat.
- If you have older kids running around make sure they know where to meet up and when. Some of the parks are huge and it’s easy to get lost.
- Also, it’s a simple one but doesn’t forget your swimsuits!
Have a Fab Day Of Splash-tastic Fun!