The land of gumbo, bayous and incredible festivals is waiting to show families what else they have to offer for kids (and trust us, it’s a LOT!)
To start with, yes, those classic parts of Louisiana should be embraced and experienced! Attractions such as the snappy Alligator Park, Cajun Critters Swamp Tours and Big Easy Harbour Paddleboat Tours all capture the incredible and unique vibrancy of this state. Don’t forget to recharge those batteries with Cajun Food Tours!
But did you ever think Louisiana would have incredibly diverse museums, such as the New Orleans Museum of Art, or the very wacky UCM Museum which has to be the state’s most eccentric museum! (We’ll leave it as a surprise exactly what it is!)
History is literally right under your feet everywhere you turn, and kids will love exploring the past with places like the Kent Plantation House, and the 19th centre Acadian Village. Louisiana is filled with incredible natural wonders too, so get out and take in the wildness with the numerous reserves and parks, including the BREC Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center and Jean Lafitte National Park.
You certainly won’t be short of places to visit with kids in this crawfish capital of the world….it really is one of a kind!
There are so many fun things to do in Madisonville with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 64
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Madisonville
- Waterparks in Madisonville
- Zoos in Madisonville
- Tours in Madisonville
- Indoor Play in Madisonville
- Museums in Madisonville
- National Parks / Natural World in Madisonville
- Things to do for Active Kids in Madisonville
- Historical Attractions in Madisonville
- Transport Attractions in Madisonville
- RV/Campsite in Madisonville
- Skiing in Madisonville
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Madisonville
- Caves and Mines in Madisonville
- Arts and Crafts in Madisonville