You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in Johnson City, Tennessee!)
Johnson City is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in this The Volunteer State city that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from Johnson City’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in Johnson City when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are so many fun things to do in Johnson City with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 67
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Johnson City
- Waterparks in Johnson City
- Zoos in Johnson City
- Tours in Johnson City
- Indoor Play in Johnson City
- Museums in Johnson City
- National Parks / Natural World in Johnson City
- Things to do for Active Kids in Johnson City
- Historical Attractions in Johnson City
- Transport Attractions in Johnson City
- RV/Campsite in Johnson City
- Skiing in Johnson City
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Johnson City
- Caves and Mines in Johnson City
- Arts and Crafts in Johnson City