You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in Gainesville, Florida!)
Gainesville is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in this The Sunshine State city that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from Gainesville’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in Gainesville when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are so many fun things to do in Gainesville with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 81
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Gainesville
- Waterparks in Gainesville
- Zoos in Gainesville
- Tours in Gainesville
- Indoor Play in Gainesville
- Museums in Gainesville
- National Parks / Natural World in Gainesville
- Things to do for Active Kids in Gainesville
- Historical Attractions in Gainesville
- Transport Attractions in Gainesville
- RV/Campsite in Gainesville
- Skiing in Gainesville
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Gainesville
- Caves and Mines in Gainesville
- Arts and Crafts in Gainesville