The Woodrow Homestead was purchased in August 1966 by Coldwater Canadiana, a non-profit corporation, organized to preserve local history. The log home is an excellent example of the workmanship of our pioneer forefathers. The oldest part of the house is the back room with its stone fireplace, built in the late 1830’s. The skillet hanging by the fireplace was originally used here. At one time there was an open loft above this room. As this was the entire house at the time, it served as kitchen, living area and bedroom. The two-storey front part of the house was added about 1864.