Did you know that Oklahoma City is the largest city in the five Plains States. No, not plain states (they’re anything but!), but the great Plains of the USA.
Put that good ol’ country yee haw into your family day out, with this great family friendly city. Kids will love the full-scale western town in the Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, before getting on their chaps and spurs! Or go back in time at the Frontier City Theme Park which takes you back to the days of the Old Westerns with thrilling roller coasters and a petting zoo!
Naturally there is more to Oklahoma City than cowboys, stocks, and the Old West (although that certainly makes up a lot of it’s charm!) There are museums a plenty with the Red Earth Museum teaching kids about the Native American way of life, and great kids fun for active kids like Pole Position Raceway for go-karting, and White Water Bay to cool off during those hot Oklahoma summers (and don’t we all know how hot they can get!)
So, polish those boots, grab that hat and head on down to Oklahoma City, and see why it’s a great place to go with kids. One more time y’all…yee haw!
There are so many fun things to do in Oklahoma City with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 47
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Oklahoma City
- Waterparks in Oklahoma City
- Zoos in Oklahoma City
- Tours in Oklahoma City
- Indoor Play in Oklahoma City
- Museums in Oklahoma City
- National Parks / Natural World in Oklahoma City
- Things to do for Active Kids in Oklahoma City
- Historical Attractions in Oklahoma City
- Transport Attractions in Oklahoma City
- RV/Campsite in Oklahoma City
- Skiing in Oklahoma City
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Oklahoma City
- Caves and Mines in Oklahoma City
- Arts and Crafts in Oklahoma City