The world has some incredible natural wonders, and luckily for you, Des Moines has some incredible places to visit with kids right on your doorstep….and you won’t want to forget your camera!
The national and state parks in and around Des Moines, Iowa offer an incredible variety of experiences for children. Some parks protect a unique and diverse wilderness, teeming with wildlife which is always a thrill for kids!
Some parks protect incredible fascinating and significant historical sites, where the family can go back in time through American history…who says the learning as to stop on a family day out!
Even the city of Des Moines itself has smaller parks perfect for a quick trip into nature. You don’t even need to leave the city to have that park experience - and kids LOVE them!
Shut those televisions off and put those computer games away….the great outdoors is calling and it’s calling YOU!
There are so many fun things to do in Des Moines with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 33
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Des Moines
- Waterparks in Des Moines
- Zoos in Des Moines
- Tours in Des Moines
- Indoor Play in Des Moines
- Museums in Des Moines
- National Parks / Natural World in Des Moines
- Things to do for Active Kids in Des Moines
- Historical Attractions in Des Moines
- Transport Attractions in Des Moines
- RV/Campsite in Des Moines
- Skiing in Des Moines
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Des Moines
- Caves and Mines in Des Moines
- Arts and Crafts in Des Moines