You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in Des Moines, Iowa!)
Des Moines is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in this The Hawkeye State city that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from Des Moines’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in Des Moines when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are so many fun things to do in Des Moines with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 33
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Des Moines
- Waterparks in Des Moines
- Zoos in Des Moines
- Tours in Des Moines
- Indoor Play in Des Moines
- Museums in Des Moines
- National Parks / Natural World in Des Moines
- Things to do for Active Kids in Des Moines
- Historical Attractions in Des Moines
- Transport Attractions in Des Moines
- RV/Campsite in Des Moines
- Skiing in Des Moines
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Des Moines
- Caves and Mines in Des Moines
- Arts and Crafts in Des Moines