The Sir William Campbell Foundation is a non-profit organization charged with the preservation and interpretation of Campbell House and related histories. Campbell House, built in 1822, is the oldest remaining building from the original town of York. It is a classical example of Georgian architecture, a rare find in Toronto. The Foundation maintains the house and operates a museum within the building for the purposes of educating the local and tourist community, including thousands of school children annually. The museum endeavours to make history come alive through the use of innovative hands-on approaches to history while still preserving important artefacts from Toronto’s early heritage.