You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in Rhode Island!)
Rhode Island is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in The Ocean State that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from Rhode Island’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in Rhode Island when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are 53
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Rhode Island
- Waterparks in Rhode Island
- Zoos in Rhode Island
- Tours in Rhode Island
- Indoor Play in Rhode Island
- Museums in Rhode Island
- National Parks / Natural World in Rhode Island
- Things to do for Active Kids in Rhode Island
- Historical Attractions in Rhode Island
- Transport Attractions in Rhode Island
- RV/Campsite in Rhode Island
- Skiing in Rhode Island
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Rhode Island
- Caves and Mines in Rhode Island
- Arts and Crafts in Rhode Island