Who said family fun had to be ABOVE ground! If you are looking for pretty awesome things to do with kids in Portsmouth, Virginia, then let’s dig deep…literally!
Underground adventures are so much fun with children. It’s an experience that will introduce them to some of the most incredible wonders on earth, and formations they have never seen before.
Some underground experiences are perfect for family members of all ages and ability, but some require more active families as there are often steps involved. Whatever you choose in The Old Dominion State you will experience something magical.
Underground experiences require you to join a tour, which is perfect for kids to learn all the fun facts about what they are seeing as they make their through the earth. Sounds super fun!
Why have an above ground adventure in Portsmouth…when you can go UNDERGROUND! An exciting family day out for all!
There are so many fun things to do in Portsmouth with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 70
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Portsmouth
- Waterparks in Portsmouth
- Zoos in Portsmouth
- Tours in Portsmouth
- Indoor Play in Portsmouth
- Museums in Portsmouth
- National Parks / Natural World in Portsmouth
- Things to do for Active Kids in Portsmouth
- Historical Attractions in Portsmouth
- Transport Attractions in Portsmouth
- RV/Campsite in Portsmouth
- Skiing in Portsmouth
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Portsmouth
- Caves and Mines in Portsmouth
- Arts and Crafts in Portsmouth