Quick quiz! What’s amazing, super fun for kids, and only 3.062km from the North Pole? Yellowknife of course! This fascinating city is one of the best places in the WORLD to see the Northern Lights. An incredible experience for kids!
Explore the Northern Lights in cozy cabins with hot chocolate, or even lead your own dog sled expedition with companies such as Beck’s Kennels! Amazing!
Soak up the fascinating culture can be experienced at centers such as the Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Center, where historic artifacts such as clothing, hunting tools and working tools from tribes who lived in the area can be found.
They also have a fun Arts and Cultural center which offer fun theatre programs!
And of course, there is the great outdoors to explore! Attractions such as Cameron River Falls Trail can take kids to see waterfalls freezing over in winter (and walking across it in summer!) to super fun terrain trails.
Take the kids to a part of the country they will never forget!
There are so many fun things to do in Yellowknife with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 6
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Yellowknife
- Waterparks in Yellowknife
- Zoos in Yellowknife
- Tours in Yellowknife
- Indoor Play in Yellowknife
- Museums in Yellowknife
- National Parks / Natural World in Yellowknife
- Things to do for Active Kids in Yellowknife
- Historical Attractions in Yellowknife
- Transport Attractions in Yellowknife
- RV/Campsite in Yellowknife
- Skiing in Yellowknife
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Yellowknife
- Caves and Mines in Yellowknife
- Arts and Crafts in Yellowknife