Muse Knoxville is a children’s Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM) museum conveniently located in Chilhowee Park. Our programs in the museum, in schools across 24 East Tennessee counties, and throughout Knoxville bring STEM, the arts, health and wellness, and emergent literacy to life in the minds of young children. Muse Knoxville inspires and empowers ALL children through transformative learning experiences, through a variety of hands-on and inquiry-based, exhibits and Outreach programs for children aged 6 months to 10 years old.
· Museum Play - You’ll find indoor educational learning and play spaces, a full-dome planetarium at Chilhowee Park, outdoor learning spaces and a playground!
· Parties and Events - We’ve got parties down to a science! Choose from a variety of packages to celebrate your special day with us.
· Planetarium - We host East Tennessee's only public access planetarium with shows that rotate every hour!
Muse Knoxville also hosts a variety of weekly activities with rotating themes. All of the listed programs are included in museum admission:
· MessMakers – sensory art experiences
· Science Connections – hands-on science demos
· Music Makers – sing along fun for all ages
· Tech Time – educational technology activities
· Story Time – listen to your favorite stories
$8 (Ages 1-64)
Same as adult
$5 for Senior Citizens; Tennessee Teachers/Educators (with valid ID); Military (with valid ID) and all Guests
1 year, but donations accepted
Muse Memberships are available for purchase and have a large number of benefits including unlimited admission to both Muse locations, discounts, early access to event registrations and more.
The museum’s Chilhowee Park location includes a café with healthy snacks and drinks for your convenience.
From East: Take I-40W to exit 392A (Rutledge Pk) - follow signs to Zoo. After entering Chilhowee park, bear L through lower Zoo parking lot, then take road to R of lake. From West: Take I-40E to exit 390 (Cherry St). Turn R on Cherry St., go to 2nd traffic light (Magnolia Ave). Turn L on Magnolia, go to 2nd traffic light (Beaman St). Turn L on Beaman, then at crest of hill, turn R into gates of Chilhowee Park, Muse Knoxville is on left at bottom of parking area.
In addition to field trips, homeschool classes, STEAM Events and community events, Muse Knoxville also provides outreach programming to bring the museum to your classroom! The Muse offers a variety of STEAM programs that provide hands-on activities and standards-based instruction in the comfort of your classroom.
The gift shop includes a broad range of STEM sets, sensory and developmental toys, arts & crafts kits, sets for imaginative play and so much more!
Muse Knoxville has wheelchair accessibility.
Click here for lots more great things to do near you in Tennessee
Monday 9am-noon, Tues-Fri 9 am-5pm, Sat-Sun 10am-5pm
CLOSED ON: New Years Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve
Other great things to do with kids near to