The Forestry Farm Park was started in 1913 and officially opened in 1914.
The Farm was dedicated to the propagation and production of trees from the prairie environment. The site was known as the Dominion Forest Nursery Station, a branch of the Indian Head Nursery Station.
Today, the Forestry Farm Park is a National Historic Site. There is an interpretive display in the Superintendents Residence depicting life at the Sutherland Nursery Station. The Friends of the Forestry Farm House also conducts interpretive tours of this National Historic Site.