Get ready to celebrate Spring, because New York City is hosting it’s FREE all ages New Amsterdam Festival in Ridgewood, Queens on April 29 – 30th, 11am – 9pm.
The event is a fun filled day for the family, no matter what ages! Taking place at the outdoor green spaces of Onderdonk House, a historical Dutch colonial house, it’s a double-celebration of Dutch culture and the beginning of spring.
Want to hear some of the highlights?
- Food trucks and vendors including Dutch treats like stroopwafel, frities with mayo – delicious!
- Interactive arts, circus performances, live painting, hula hooping, face painting, and more – are you ready to get creative?
- A tented Heineken beer garden for the parents
- The Brooklyn Bluegrass Collective playing on Saturday 3pm – 5pm, and J.M.N (a funk blues band) Sunday from 3pm – 5pm. Who has the best moves?
- House of Yes resident DJs from 5pm – 9pm on both days
- Mamas Bazaar artisan market with local vendors
- Lawn games like boccee, cornhole (our favorite!), human foosball and more
- Tours of the Vander-Ende Onderdonk House (say that 5 times quickly!) showcasing their new exhibit on the history of the tulip