he Coastal Children’s Museum is dedicated to providing children ages 2-9 and their families the opportunity to explore, discover and learn through play about the natural world, the arts and sciences and the diversity of Maine’s coast.
Our Core Values:
* Each Child and parent/caregiver deserves respect.
* Families are the first educators.
* Learning occurs through play.
* The Community is out first resource.
* The Museum is responsible to the world and the environment.
Children (and their parents!) enjoy exploring our indoor sailboat, CedarWorks indoor climber, and “Sharpie’s General Store”. The museum also hosts many species of tropical and Maine Coast sea life in our “Under the Sea Room” and our full size Gulf of Maine touch tank.
Workshops, special guests, and family fun days are held at the museum. We have had programs on dance and movement, animals and insects, writing and poetry, and everything in between. You can also have your birthday party at the museum.