Old Vegas Mormon State Historic Park is located in downtown Las Vegas, at the intersection of Las Vegas Boulevard and Washington Avenue. The park and Visitor Center is open all year from 8:00 a.m-4:30 p.m. An entrance fee is charged to enter the fort. The first permanent non-native settlers in the Las Vegas Valley were a group of Mormon missionaries who built an adobe fort along Las Vegas Creek in 1855. They successfully farmed the area by diverting water from the creek. Today, the park includes a remnant of the original adobe fort, which serves as a visitor center with interpretive displays. Future development will include the re-creation of many historic features and a full-scale visitor center. Historic interpretation is and will remain the focus of the park. There are series of programs throughout the summer. The "Friends of the Fort" also provide a series of programs throughout the year. For more information about the "Friends of the Fort"