For those outdoor loving families, West Virginia is your new best friend! Hiking, biking, rock climbing, whitewater rafting and caving will all give the kids something exciting to tell their friends about. A true adventure!
There are SO many places to experience these thrills. ExploreWV GeoChallenge is a unique and fun way to work together as a family exploring the beautiful mountain trails. ACE Adventure Resort gives you almost TOO many options - rafting, biking, ATV, mud obstacle courses….you name it! The Greenbrier River Trail offers cross-country skiing (yep - it’s an all year round state!) as well as horseback riding, and Hatfield McCoy Trails give dirt bike and ATV riders incredible scenery to navigate through.
Of course, the adventure isn’t all above ground! Lost World Caverns and Beckley Exhibition Coal Mine give kids a chance to explore the incredible formations below the earth’s surface.
Top that off with animal attractions, museums, indoor play, amazing national parks and stunning state parks, and good old fashioned water parks - West Virginia really is jam packed with kids fun! Good luck choosing what to do first!
There are 66
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in West Virginia
- Waterparks in West Virginia
- Zoos in West Virginia
- Tours in West Virginia
- Indoor Play in West Virginia
- Museums in West Virginia
- National Parks / Natural World in West Virginia
- Things to do for Active Kids in West Virginia
- Historical Attractions in West Virginia
- Transport Attractions in West Virginia
- RV/Campsite in West Virginia
- Skiing in West Virginia
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in West Virginia
- Caves and Mines in West Virginia
- Arts and Crafts in West Virginia