You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in South Dakota!)
South Dakota is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in Mt Rushmore State that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from South Dakota’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in South Dakota when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are 62
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in South Dakota
- Waterparks in South Dakota
- Zoos in South Dakota
- Tours in South Dakota
- Indoor Play in South Dakota
- Museums in South Dakota
- National Parks / Natural World in South Dakota
- Things to do for Active Kids in South Dakota
- Historical Attractions in South Dakota
- Transport Attractions in South Dakota
- RV/Campsite in South Dakota
- Skiing in South Dakota
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in South Dakota
- Caves and Mines in South Dakota
- Arts and Crafts in South Dakota