Don’t be fooled by the nickname The Garden State. New Jersey bursts with sandy beaches, bustling cities and quiet towns. Close to New York and Philadelphia, yet far from big city life - New Jersey has so many places to visit with kids - culture, history, nature and most importantly - FUN!
New Jersey has always been know for it’s beautiful seasides and shorelines, so take advantage and introduce kids to popular attractions like Abescon Lighthouse and Casino Beach Pier.
But there are also surprises! Did you think New Jersey was the place for whale watching? Cape May Whale Watcher even spots dolphins too! Battleships too? Yep! Battleship New Jersey lets kids even sleep in the bunks!
Dinosaurs come to life at Field Station Dinosaurs, and you can see the state from another angle with super fun Helicopter Rides!
Of course, nature in New Jersey is stunning - and there are a host of FREE state parks to explore! From Wharton to Kittatinny Valley, activities from hiking, kayaking to wildlife spotting are all waiting for YOU!
Don’t forget the camera…you will be creating a LOT of memories!
There are so many fun things to do in Scotch Plains with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 323
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Scotch Plains
- Waterparks in Scotch Plains
- Zoos in Scotch Plains
- Tours in Scotch Plains
- Indoor Play in Scotch Plains
- Museums in Scotch Plains
- National Parks / Natural World in Scotch Plains
- Things to do for Active Kids in Scotch Plains
- Historical Attractions in Scotch Plains
- Transport Attractions in Scotch Plains
- RV/Campsite in Scotch Plains
- Skiing in Scotch Plains
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Scotch Plains
- Caves and Mines in Scotch Plains
- Arts and Crafts in Scotch Plains