Santa Barbara is like a big, happy, sunny playground for kids of all ages (and adults - so get stuck in!) Don’t forget to pack your bathing suits and sunscreen - you’ll need them!
While Santa Barbara is an incredible place to just grab some bikes, or those buckets and spades, and enjoy exploring the town, there are also very fun things to do with kids while you’re there! The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History has amazing exhibits on fascinating subjects like marine life, palaeontology, and Native Americans.
The Santa Barbara Maritime Museum lets kids delve into the treasure of the ocean, and Santa Barbara Zoo is over 30 acres in size! That’s pretty incredible! With over 400 animals plus a train and carousel, it certainly is a full family day out!
Nature is beautiful in the area, but places like the Botanic Gardens are great for kids to really learn about what makes this place so beautiful.
A small town with a Californian history, Santa Barbara has mountains, parks, beaches, and yep - kids fun! Let’s go!
There are so many fun things to do in Santa Barbara with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 139
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Santa Barbara
- Waterparks in Santa Barbara
- Zoos in Santa Barbara
- Tours in Santa Barbara
- Indoor Play in Santa Barbara
- Museums in Santa Barbara
- National Parks / Natural World in Santa Barbara
- Things to do for Active Kids in Santa Barbara
- Historical Attractions in Santa Barbara
- Transport Attractions in Santa Barbara
- RV/Campsite in Santa Barbara
- Skiing in Santa Barbara
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Santa Barbara
- Caves and Mines in Santa Barbara
- Arts and Crafts in Santa Barbara