Don't be put off kids - Salt Lake City isn’t covered in salt! It’s named after the very awesome Bonneville Salt Flats, which an incredibly unique natural feature in the state!
The great attractions of Salt Lake City don’t stop there either! If you have creative, active kids, they will just LOVE the interactive experiences in the city - including the Leonardo (with science and technology based interactive exhibits) and the Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum (with interactive exhibits where they can create and play!)
If kids want to spend some time making friends with animals, they have super fun options! From Hogle Zoo spread out over 42 acres, to Tracy Aviary with over 130 species of birds!
This mountain lined city also has 1.3 MILLION acres of beautiful national forest to explore, with Wastach-Cache National Forest. How amazing is that!
Historic farms, fun indoor play, family-friendly games…and an incredible view! Sounds like a great family day out to us!
There are so many fun things to do in Salt Lake City with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 70
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Salt Lake City
- Waterparks in Salt Lake City
- Zoos in Salt Lake City
- Tours in Salt Lake City
- Indoor Play in Salt Lake City
- Museums in Salt Lake City
- National Parks / Natural World in Salt Lake City
- Things to do for Active Kids in Salt Lake City
- Historical Attractions in Salt Lake City
- Transport Attractions in Salt Lake City
- RV/Campsite in Salt Lake City
- Skiing in Salt Lake City
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Salt Lake City
- Caves and Mines in Salt Lake City
- Arts and Crafts in Salt Lake City