Rapid City is a beautiful city in South Dakota, and is in the impressive Black Hills which have some of the most beautiful, frontier-style plains and scenery in the whole country. And guess what - yep! Rapid City also has some super fun places to visit with kids (and even better - some are FREE!)
The very sweet Storybook Island (Free!) is like a fantasy for kids! With story-book themes playgrounds, a train and even a petting zoo, kids can let their imagination run away with them. They can also enjoy FREE fun at Ellsworth Air Force Base Air and Space Museum, great for those with a love of all things that fly!
Of course, Rapid City has SO many other things to do with kids we can’t choose what to list first! Maybe it should be the outdoor maze at Black Hills Maze Family Adventure Park, or exploring the history of the Black Hills in The Journey Museum. Maybe we want to tell you about getting up close to bears at Bear Country USA, or getting deep under the ground with Black Hill Caverns.
There are SO many things do to with kids in Rapid City, you will just have to go and explore for yourself! Let’s go!
There are so many fun things to do in Rapid City with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 45
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Rapid City
- Waterparks in Rapid City
- Zoos in Rapid City
- Tours in Rapid City
- Indoor Play in Rapid City
- Museums in Rapid City
- National Parks / Natural World in Rapid City
- Things to do for Active Kids in Rapid City
- Historical Attractions in Rapid City
- Transport Attractions in Rapid City
- RV/Campsite in Rapid City
- Skiing in Rapid City
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Rapid City
- Caves and Mines in Rapid City
- Arts and Crafts in Rapid City