Providence is one of those beautifully family-friendly cities with the charm and warmth of a small town, but the adventure and excitement of a large city. There are also plenty of fun places to go with kids! Want to hear more? Okay then!
This Rhode Island capital has kids activities galore! Why don’t we start with the incredible museums that kids can enjoy (and learn from!) The Museum of Natural History and Planetarium is the state’s ONLY natural history museum, and Providence Children’s Museum gives kids an amazing range of educational exhibits - but these ones they can touch, smell, push and pull! Great for the family to play and learn together!
Fancy spending the day with 130 species of rare animals? Head to Roger Williams Park Zoo and get ready to say hi to creatures from snow leopards to elephants! The kids might just make a new friend!
Of course, there is great fun for those active kids too, with places like Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park, and beautiful nature to explore like Haines Memorial State Park.
Providence is a beautiful day out for the whole family. Get an early start - you’ve got a lot to fit in!
There are so many fun things to do in Providence with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 293
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Providence
- Waterparks in Providence
- Zoos in Providence
- Tours in Providence
- Indoor Play in Providence
- Museums in Providence
- National Parks / Natural World in Providence
- Things to do for Active Kids in Providence
- Historical Attractions in Providence
- Transport Attractions in Providence
- RV/Campsite in Providence
- Skiing in Providence
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Providence
- Caves and Mines in Providence
- Arts and Crafts in Providence