You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in Portsmouth, New Hampshire!)
Portsmouth is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in this The Granite State city that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from Portsmouth’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in Portsmouth when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are so many fun things to do in Portsmouth with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 185
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Portsmouth
- Waterparks in Portsmouth
- Zoos in Portsmouth
- Tours in Portsmouth
- Indoor Play in Portsmouth
- Museums in Portsmouth
- National Parks / Natural World in Portsmouth
- Things to do for Active Kids in Portsmouth
- Historical Attractions in Portsmouth
- Transport Attractions in Portsmouth
- RV/Campsite in Portsmouth
- Skiing in Portsmouth
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Portsmouth
- Caves and Mines in Portsmouth
- Arts and Crafts in Portsmouth