You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in North Dakota!)
North Dakota is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in Peace Garden State that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from North Dakota’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in North Dakota when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are 55
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in North Dakota
- Waterparks in North Dakota
- Zoos in North Dakota
- Tours in North Dakota
- Indoor Play in North Dakota
- Museums in North Dakota
- National Parks / Natural World in North Dakota
- Things to do for Active Kids in North Dakota
- Historical Attractions in North Dakota
- Transport Attractions in North Dakota
- RV/Campsite in North Dakota
- Skiing in North Dakota
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in North Dakota
- Caves and Mines in North Dakota
- Arts and Crafts in North Dakota