Follow in the footsteps of Sitting Bull, Custer and Lewis & Clark and create your own adventure in this incredible state. A true frontier, with a strong Native American culture, history, dinosaurs, roaming bison and rugged landscapes - and plenty of great places to visit with kids!
Take the kids back to a land where the dinosaurs roamed the earth, at the Dakota Dinosaur Museum. Come face to face with the Great Plains bison at the National Buffalo Museum (or with live ones at Frontier Village!). Enjoy the incredible wilderness when fishing at Indian Hills Resort, or explore one of the states best recreational parks with Lewis and Clark State Park.
Fancy a real dude ranch? Of course you do! Logging Camp Dude Ranch is a family run ranch with horses and wildlife. Perhaps you want to step back to the 1830s on the Lewis and Clark Riverboat?
What would a visit to a true frontier be without an incredible wagon experience with Fort Seward Covered Wagon Train - complete with campfire and horses!
Kids will just love getting lost in the outdoors adventures, historical sites and wild west atmosphere of this beautiful state. Saddle up kids - it’s North Dakota time!
There are 54
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in North Dakota
- Waterparks in North Dakota
- Zoos in North Dakota
- Tours in North Dakota
- Indoor Play in North Dakota
- Museums in North Dakota
- National Parks / Natural World in North Dakota
- Things to do for Active Kids in North Dakota
- Historical Attractions in North Dakota
- Transport Attractions in North Dakota
- RV/Campsite in North Dakota
- Skiing in North Dakota
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in North Dakota
- Caves and Mines in North Dakota
- Arts and Crafts in North Dakota