You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in New Jersey!)
New Jersey is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in The Garden State that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from New Jersey’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in New Jersey when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are 118
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in New Jersey
- Waterparks in New Jersey
- Zoos in New Jersey
- Tours in New Jersey
- Indoor Play in New Jersey
- Museums in New Jersey
- National Parks / Natural World in New Jersey
- Things to do for Active Kids in New Jersey
- Historical Attractions in New Jersey
- Transport Attractions in New Jersey
- RV/Campsite in New Jersey
- Skiing in New Jersey
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in New Jersey
- Caves and Mines in New Jersey
- Arts and Crafts in New Jersey