You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in Mississippi!)
Mississippi is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in The Magnolia State that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from Mississippi’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in Mississippi when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are 65
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Mississippi
- Waterparks in Mississippi
- Zoos in Mississippi
- Tours in Mississippi
- Indoor Play in Mississippi
- Museums in Mississippi
- National Parks / Natural World in Mississippi
- Things to do for Active Kids in Mississippi
- Historical Attractions in Mississippi
- Transport Attractions in Mississippi
- RV/Campsite in Mississippi
- Skiing in Mississippi
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Mississippi
- Caves and Mines in Mississippi
- Arts and Crafts in Mississippi