The birthplace of American music and home to the fourth longest river in the world, Mississippi is an incredible state with beaches, forests, wildlife, parks, and of course some of the best food kids will ever experience (Just like Momma made!)
The state was home to some of the country’s bloodiest battles, and sites like Vicksburg National Military Park are perfect stops for those little history buffs, and some museums continue these stories like the Armed Forces Museum. Of course, the incredibly diverse history can be found in other museums like the Delta Blues Museum and Museum of the Mississippi Delta!
Step back in time in nature with the Mississippi Petrified Forest, and kids will love exploring the stunning state parks - including Roosevelt, Holmes County and Clarkco - just to name a few!
Kids will love to cool off in summer with waterparks like Barnacle Bills or Geyser Falls, very cool animals are waiting at places like The Gator Ranch or Hattiesburg Zoo, and they can even test a space shuttle engine at the NASA Infinity Science Center!
And what would a trip to Mississippi be without exploring those rivers! Eco Tours of South Mississippi is just one place that has you covered!
Embrace that old Deep South, and let kids soak up the magic!
There are 68
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Mississippi
- Waterparks in Mississippi
- Zoos in Mississippi
- Tours in Mississippi
- Indoor Play in Mississippi
- Museums in Mississippi
- National Parks / Natural World in Mississippi
- Things to do for Active Kids in Mississippi
- Historical Attractions in Mississippi
- Transport Attractions in Mississippi
- RV/Campsite in Mississippi
- Skiing in Mississippi
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Mississippi
- Caves and Mines in Mississippi
- Arts and Crafts in Mississippi