You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in Indianapolis, Indiana!)
Indianapolis is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in this The Hoosier State city that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from Indianapolis’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in Indianapolis when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are so many fun things to do in Indianapolis with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 72
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Indianapolis
- Waterparks in Indianapolis
- Zoos in Indianapolis
- Tours in Indianapolis
- Indoor Play in Indianapolis
- Museums in Indianapolis
- National Parks / Natural World in Indianapolis
- Things to do for Active Kids in Indianapolis
- Historical Attractions in Indianapolis
- Transport Attractions in Indianapolis
- RV/Campsite in Indianapolis
- Skiing in Indianapolis
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Indianapolis
- Caves and Mines in Indianapolis
- Arts and Crafts in Indianapolis