It’s animal time in Independence, Missouri and they are calling YOU!
For those families who LOVE those animal encounters, look no further than Independence because this The Show Me State city has plenty of them!
We have to start with zoos. These are the most iconic way to experience wildlife, and great to visit with children. They offer animal encounters, and kids can experience creatures from all across the globe.
Farms are a great alternative for a more hands-on experience with petting zoos and barnyard fun. Wildlife sanctuaries offer kids an invaluable lesson in conservation, and animal-specific attractions let kids really immerse themselves in their favorite creatures!
Whatever wildlife experience you choose with children, you know they will walk away filled with memories and knowledge that can’t be replaced. They’ll have a ROAR-ing time!
There are so many fun things to do in Independence with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 53
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Independence
- Waterparks in Independence
- Zoos in Independence
- Tours in Independence
- Indoor Play in Independence
- Museums in Independence
- National Parks / Natural World in Independence
- Things to do for Active Kids in Independence
- Historical Attractions in Independence
- Transport Attractions in Independence
- RV/Campsite in Independence
- Skiing in Independence
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Independence
- Caves and Mines in Independence
- Arts and Crafts in Independence