You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in Independence, Missouri!)
Independence is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in this The Show Me State city that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from Independence’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in Independence when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are so many fun things to do in Independence with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 53
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Independence
- Waterparks in Independence
- Zoos in Independence
- Tours in Independence
- Indoor Play in Independence
- Museums in Independence
- National Parks / Natural World in Independence
- Things to do for Active Kids in Independence
- Historical Attractions in Independence
- Transport Attractions in Independence
- RV/Campsite in Independence
- Skiing in Independence
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Independence
- Caves and Mines in Independence
- Arts and Crafts in Independence