The birthplace of American music and home to the fourth longest river in the world, Mississippi is an incredible state with beaches, forests, wildlife, parks, and of course some of the best food kids will ever experience (Just like Momma made!)
The state was home to some of the country’s bloodiest battles, and sites like Vicksburg National Military Park are perfect stops for those little history buffs, and some museums continue these stories like the Armed Forces Museum. Of course, the incredibly diverse history can be found in other museums like the Delta Blues Museum and Museum of the Mississippi Delta!
Step back in time in nature with the Mississippi Petrified Forest, and kids will love exploring the stunning state parks - including Roosevelt, Holmes County and Clarkco - just to name a few!
Kids will love to cool off in summer with waterparks like Barnacle Bills or Geyser Falls, very cool animals are waiting at places like The Gator Ranch or Hattiesburg Zoo, and they can even test a space shuttle engine at the NASA Infinity Science Center!
And what would a trip to Mississippi be without exploring those rivers! Eco Tours of South Mississippi is just one place that has you covered!
Embrace that old Deep South, and let kids soak up the magic!
There are so many fun things to do in Hattiesburg with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 49
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Hattiesburg
- Waterparks in Hattiesburg
- Zoos in Hattiesburg
- Tours in Hattiesburg
- Indoor Play in Hattiesburg
- Museums in Hattiesburg
- National Parks / Natural World in Hattiesburg
- Things to do for Active Kids in Hattiesburg
- Historical Attractions in Hattiesburg
- Transport Attractions in Hattiesburg
- RV/Campsite in Hattiesburg
- Skiing in Hattiesburg
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Hattiesburg
- Caves and Mines in Hattiesburg
- Arts and Crafts in Hattiesburg