Did you know that Grand Rapids was once voted the BEST city in America for raising a family? You can’t win that without having incredibly fun things to do with kids! (And well…they do!)
Museums! Kids get so much out of a museum, and Grand Rapids has plenty!
Kids can experience the joys of learning at the very fun and very interactive Grand Rapids Children’s Museum, where they can explore, create and experiment until their heart’s content! Kids of all ages can also enjoy the Public Museum, with an actual working antique carousel and a planetarium - pretty amazing!
The whole family can enjoy this city with places like AJ’s Family Fun Center with carts and boats, and John Ball Zoo is great for a fun day out with over 1100 animals!
Don’t forget about nature! Blandford Nature Center has gardens, play areas, and a pioneer village! Carnivorous plants? They sound scary! But don’t worry kids, at Fredrick Meijer Gardens you can learn all about how wonderful they are!
An incredible city for kids in Michigan!
There are so many fun things to do in Grand Rapids with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 56
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Grand Rapids
- Waterparks in Grand Rapids
- Zoos in Grand Rapids
- Tours in Grand Rapids
- Indoor Play in Grand Rapids
- Museums in Grand Rapids
- National Parks / Natural World in Grand Rapids
- Things to do for Active Kids in Grand Rapids
- Historical Attractions in Grand Rapids
- Transport Attractions in Grand Rapids
- RV/Campsite in Grand Rapids
- Skiing in Grand Rapids
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Grand Rapids
- Caves and Mines in Grand Rapids
- Arts and Crafts in Grand Rapids