Who said family fun had to be ABOVE ground! If you are looking for pretty awesome things to do with kids in Des Moines, Iowa, then let’s dig deep…literally!
Underground adventures are so much fun with children. It’s an experience that will introduce them to some of the most incredible wonders on earth, and formations they have never seen before.
Some underground experiences are perfect for family members of all ages and ability, but some require more active families as there are often steps involved. Whatever you choose in The Hawkeye State you will experience something magical.
Underground experiences require you to join a tour, which is perfect for kids to learn all the fun facts about what they are seeing as they make their through the earth. Sounds super fun!
Why have an above ground adventure in Des Moines…when you can go UNDERGROUND! An exciting family day out for all!
There are so many fun things to do in Des Moines with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 33
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Des Moines
- Waterparks in Des Moines
- Zoos in Des Moines
- Tours in Des Moines
- Indoor Play in Des Moines
- Museums in Des Moines
- National Parks / Natural World in Des Moines
- Things to do for Active Kids in Des Moines
- Historical Attractions in Des Moines
- Transport Attractions in Des Moines
- RV/Campsite in Des Moines
- Skiing in Des Moines
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Des Moines
- Caves and Mines in Des Moines
- Arts and Crafts in Des Moines