What do you want to do first in this fun Iowa capital? Perhaps kids want to get those thrills on the roller coaters at Adventureland Park? Perhaps kids want to enjoy some horseback riding at Jester Park? Maybe kids want to ride an amazing turn-of-the-century replica carousel?
Des Moines has a HUGE range of attractions perfect to visit with kids! Love history? Living History Farms can actually transport kids back 300 years through three working farms - one even from 1700! Pretty amazing! Animals more your bag? Blank Park Zoo has 22 acres dedicated to the beautiful animals that call the park home.
Love nature? Sure thing! Des Moines Botanical Center is one of the states most popular attractions, and when you visit you’ll see why! And for those creative minds - Science Center of Iowa! A great place where kids can interact with the exhibits to create, learn and play!
A city where there is something for kids around every corner!
There are so many fun things to do in Des Moines with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 32
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Des Moines
- Waterparks in Des Moines
- Zoos in Des Moines
- Tours in Des Moines
- Indoor Play in Des Moines
- Museums in Des Moines
- National Parks / Natural World in Des Moines
- Things to do for Active Kids in Des Moines
- Historical Attractions in Des Moines
- Transport Attractions in Des Moines
- RV/Campsite in Des Moines
- Skiing in Des Moines
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Des Moines
- Caves and Mines in Des Moines
- Arts and Crafts in Des Moines