Welcome to Louisiana’s vibrant and exciting capital city! “The Red Stick” is also a city that welcomes families to come and enjoy it’s rich history, mouthwatering food and countless family-friendly attractions!
It can get hot in the Deep South, so just as well they have Blue Bayou Waterpark to cool you down! (It even comes with Dixie Landin - it’s own amusement park!)
The south also has an amazing history which shaped the states to what they are today, so what better place for kids to experience it! Climb Aboard! The USS KIDD and experience first hand this Fletcher-class destroyer (and even stay over night!). And what’s that? The 1880s are calling! The Historic Magnolia Mound Plantation where kids can experience life over a century ago! (It’s pretty different!)
What would a trip to Baton Rouge be without the INCREDIBLE outdoors that kids can explore! The BREC Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center has 103 acres of swamp, and yes…that includes turtles, snakes and alligators! If they want more animals the Baton Rouge Zoo is waiting to give kids an unforgettable experience.
Don’t forget your camera!
There are so many fun things to do in Baton Rouge with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 69
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Baton Rouge
- Waterparks in Baton Rouge
- Zoos in Baton Rouge
- Tours in Baton Rouge
- Indoor Play in Baton Rouge
- Museums in Baton Rouge
- National Parks / Natural World in Baton Rouge
- Things to do for Active Kids in Baton Rouge
- Historical Attractions in Baton Rouge
- Transport Attractions in Baton Rouge
- RV/Campsite in Baton Rouge
- Skiing in Baton Rouge
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Baton Rouge
- Caves and Mines in Baton Rouge
- Arts and Crafts in Baton Rouge