You’ve heard the saying “History can be fun”…well, we think history IS fun (especially in Bakersfield, California!)
Bakersfield is filled with history, and what better way to learn about it with children than to experience the many places to visit in this The Golden State city that can actually take you back in time!
Historical attractions come in all shapes and sizes. There are landmarks where iconic events happened. There are homes of historic figures filled with treasures and artifacts from their amazing lives. There are historic buildings whose walls are filled with stories from Bakersfield’s past.
The best way for kids to learn about history, is to actually visit the places where history happened. It makes sense! Kids can use their imagination as they read and hear all about events, people and places, and feel like they have gone back in time.
There are plenty of things to do with kids in Bakersfield when it comes to history, so what are we waiting for - let’s GO!
There are so many fun things to do in Bakersfield with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 118
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Bakersfield
- Waterparks in Bakersfield
- Zoos in Bakersfield
- Tours in Bakersfield
- Indoor Play in Bakersfield
- Museums in Bakersfield
- National Parks / Natural World in Bakersfield
- Things to do for Active Kids in Bakersfield
- Historical Attractions in Bakersfield
- Transport Attractions in Bakersfield
- RV/Campsite in Bakersfield
- Skiing in Bakersfield
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Bakersfield
- Caves and Mines in Bakersfield
- Arts and Crafts in Bakersfield