Over 1,000 years ago, Vikings landed on this most easterly point of North America. These days, it’s filled with kids having an amazing day out with their families! Newfoundland and Labrador might be the youngest province, but it still has an incredible history.
How about walking down a 17th century street? Colony of Avalon will open kids eyes to a fascinating time gone by! Perhaps you want to introduce them to Hearts Content Cable Station – which played a part when the first cable connected Europe to North America – pretty amazing!
Kids will love to check out the picturesque and historic lighthouses – from Point Amour to Cape Bonavista, and they can even visit a 19th century house at Mockbeggar Plantation (it even has a cod-liver oil factory – get ready kids!)
Newfoundland and Labrador also has a pretty small population, which means more wilderness for kids to explore! Take a trip out with Rugged Beauty Boat Tours, or visit the jagged cliffs of Terra Nova National Park? Did you know there are UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the province? Just check out Gros Morne National Park where you can hike through uninhabited mountains!
Don’t forget your camera – you might just spot some whales too!
There are so many fun things to do in Rocky Harbour with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 1
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Rocky Harbour
- Waterparks in Rocky Harbour
- Zoos in Rocky Harbour
- Tours in Rocky Harbour
- Indoor Play in Rocky Harbour
- Museums in Rocky Harbour
- National Parks / Natural World in Rocky Harbour
- Things to do for Active Kids in Rocky Harbour
- Historical Attractions in Rocky Harbour
- Transport Attractions in Rocky Harbour
- RV/Campsite in Rocky Harbour
- Skiing in Rocky Harbour
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Rocky Harbour
- Caves and Mines in Rocky Harbour
- Arts and Crafts in Rocky Harbour