If you ever want to introduce your kids to a true frontier town - Dawson City should be on your list. A key part in the Klondike Gold Rush, this fascinating city in the Yukon is a great experience for kids!
Not only are there authentic historic buildings to wander round and explore, but super fun hands on experiences that let kids re-live history whilst having a great time with the family!
Kids can take to the water and enjoy an old fashioned boat ride! What kind you ask? Only a Paddlewheeler! (The ONLY one in the Yukon!) Klondike Spirit Paddlewheeler Cruise is super fun way to spend the day!
You can’t be part of the Gold Rush without panning for gold - and Goldbottom Mine Tours are fascinating tours of the mines, as well as letting kids actually pan for real gold!
And of course, museums are a great way for kids to learn about the history! Just as well Dawson City has great options! From the Jack London Museum to the Dawson City Museum, kids can learn all about the history of the town, and of the Yukon!
A beautiful, fascinating and historic family-friendly city!
There are so many fun things to do in Dawson City with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 5
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Dawson City
- Waterparks in Dawson City
- Zoos in Dawson City
- Tours in Dawson City
- Indoor Play in Dawson City
- Museums in Dawson City
- National Parks / Natural World in Dawson City
- Things to do for Active Kids in Dawson City
- Historical Attractions in Dawson City
- Transport Attractions in Dawson City
- RV/Campsite in Dawson City
- Skiing in Dawson City
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Dawson City
- Caves and Mines in Dawson City
- Arts and Crafts in Dawson City