Often seen as Australia’s best kept secret - the Emerald Isle is often overlooked as a destination, yet it can certainly hold it’s own against the other states, and it’s packed with kids fun!
Did you know that 40% of the state is protected national parks? Most are in easy reaching distance from the cities, such as Freycinet National Park and Cataract Gorge which means you don’t have to drive the kids for hours before reaching the incredible untouched wilderness!
If the kids just love wildlife, they will just love Tasmania! The state has few introduced predators, which means that they have the only remaining critters in some species. Attractions such as Seahorse World and Tasmania Zoo are great places for kids to learn more and see these little guys up close.
However: Tasmania is like an English teacher. Calm, with fascinating things to learn, but with a hidden fun side. Whilst the nature and wildlife are amazing and are definite must-dos, attractions such as Launceston City Ghost Tours, Cadburys Schweppes Chocolate Factory and West Coast Wilderness Railway are testament to the fact that you think you might know a place, but it always might just surprise you!
There are so many fun things to do in Saltwater River with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 20
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Saltwater River
- Waterparks in Saltwater River
- Zoos in Saltwater River
- Tours in Saltwater River
- Indoor Play in Saltwater River
- Museums in Saltwater River
- National Parks / Natural World in Saltwater River
- Things to do for Active Kids in Saltwater River
- Historical Attractions in Saltwater River
- Transport Attractions in Saltwater River
- RV/Campsite in Saltwater River
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Saltwater River
- Caves and Mines in Saltwater River
- Arts and Crafts in Saltwater River