Launceston is such a charming, sweet and fun place to visit with kids. It’s a beautiful city, and of course, there are so many FUN things to do with kids!
Tasmania is known for it’s beautiful nature, so it’s only fitting that kids get out and enjoy some of nature nearby, such as Cataract Gorge, with the WORLD’S longest single span chairlift, and a host of wildlife!
Immerse the kids in culture at the range of museums and galleries in the city, including the Queen Victoria Art Gallery and Museum, and the vroom vroom car filled National Automobile Museum of Tasmania.
A great way to see the area, especially with kids, are tours. From the relaxing Tamar River Cruises on a historic 1890’s vessel, to the spooooky Launceston Ghost Tours (boo!), the friendly tour guides and narrations will help kids learn about the history and the city.
We can’t forget those animals at Launceston Zoo either! They love making new friends!
So even if it’s raining, don’t you worry, come hail or shine you will find something for kids!
There are so many fun things to do in Launceston with kids, we have a feeling you just might not want to leave!
There are 26
Click to filter all attractions by type.
- Theme Parks in Launceston
- Waterparks in Launceston
- Zoos in Launceston
- Tours in Launceston
- Indoor Play in Launceston
- Museums in Launceston
- National Parks / Natural World in Launceston
- Things to do for Active Kids in Launceston
- Historical Attractions in Launceston
- Transport Attractions in Launceston
- RV/Campsite in Launceston
- Ice Skating Rinks and Rollerskating in Launceston
- Caves and Mines in Launceston
- Arts and Crafts in Launceston