The Denver Firefighters Museum is located in historic Denver Fire Station No. 1. The building was constructed in 1909 for Engine Company No. 1 by Glen W. Huntington, noted Denver architect, as one of the largest fire house ever built in Denver. The building served as a working fire station until 1974. The building was designated a Local Landmark on February 11, 1974 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places on November 14, 1979.
Follow the bootprints of a firefighter on a tour of the Museum. Learn about the equipment firefighters used, how firefighters used horses and dogs to help fight fires, see real fire trucks and utilize more than 20 hands-on activity stations designed to instill fire safe behaviors.