Ameliasburgh Historical Museum Ameliasburgh
Where is it at?
Ameliasburgh Historical Museum
517 County Road 19
Where are we going today?
Ameliasburgh Historical Museum has grown from one building, in 1968, to a full pioneer village. The main structure was built in 1868 as a Wesleyan Methodist Church. It became a United Church in 1925 and served the community until 1967. Over the years, several additional buildings have been added to the site. A log cabin, display barns, an operational blacksmith shop, a sap shanty, dairy and bee-keeping buildings, and a large stone building housing the Goldie Corliss 18 foot flywheel. A highlight is Amelia’s Tea Room, which offers breakfast and/or lunch during Special Events on site.