Ocean Rafting Airlie Beach
Where is it at?
The Jetty Office
Coral Sea Resort
Tel: 07 4946 6848
Where are we going today?
Love speed? Love boats? Love the ocean? Want something to spend the day doing with the family that incorporates all three of these?
Um...let's think. Oh yes - Ocean Rafting of course!
Every day out with Ocean Rafting will give the family adventure, education, and of course, FUN!
Their semi rigid inflatable vessels offer heart stopping, stomach bouncing fun as you whisk across the ocean waves really fast!
Ocean Rafting have special permits to visit the protected areas within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, which means they have access to the iconic Hill Inset Beach, which means you do too! You can also visit special snorkel sites at Hook and Border islands, which will give the kids the most incredible underwater experience!
Take a ride on the "wild side" of the Whitsunday Islands, where these uninhabited islands with incredible marine life and natural scenery will be waiting for you! Ever dreamed about visiting an uninhabited island to get away from it all? Now is your chance!
Each vessel with Ocean rafting takes 28 passengers, so these small groups lets you enjoy these tropical island paradises without having to battle the crowds.
Each vessel is also 70% shaded, so don't worry about those precious heads getting burnt! (Don't forget to slip, slop, slap and wrap also, though, just for the other 30%!)
Ocean Rafting have two tours for you to choose from. The Southern Lights gives you more beach time, and the Northern Exposure gives the family more snorkelling time. What a tough choice that is to make!
If you want to make your family day out really special, you can charter the whole tour just for you! Pretty amazing!
Give your family something incredible to remember!
How much does it cost?
- Children$87 (aged 2 - 14)
When can we go?
Tours depart from Coral Sea Resort jetty, Airlie Beach, at 10.00am and return at 4.30pm.
The tours can be used for educational charters, learning about conservation, as well as the importance of the area and all the wildlife and plant life that lives there. .
You can add optional extras into your tours, with $15 for a buffet style lunch (or $7.50 for the online special) Water, soft drinks and chocolate (YUM!) are also available on board for sale. .
Any Top Tips?
Reef and island naturalist talks are offered by the skipper and eco host with on board vessel commentary, guided walk information and snorkelling instruction. .
Can I get one of those?
The Memories Media Parck gives you 30 high res photographs for you to take home to show your friends and family! You can even take home your own video to remember the trip by! .
You can hire stingersuits and wetsuits for $7 per person. .
What people are saying?
by Roger Kosakiewicz
We stayed in cannonvale which gave us the oppotunity to walk in to Airley beach each day along the lovely board walk, were we came in contact with one of the many helpful retail sales people and how we came to now about ocean rafting. We were told how much fun it was and putting it of due to windy conditions was a mistake as these boats are the fastest boats built for rough conditions and if anything are even more fun to be on.The staff are excellent full of history strive to find the best snorkelling locations which is incredible the scenery...Read More
by Peter Ellis
We went Ocean rafting today , a little apprehensive but really looking forward to seeing more of the Whitsundays. Our boat was the WILDTHING with Sarah & Will & we had a fabulous day. There was a mix of ages & nationalities ,we were the oldest on board ,in our 50's - the crew made sure everyone was looked after . Nothing was too much trouble , very knowledgeable. Will & Sarah made a big effort to make sure our trip was a memorable one. We would recommend to anyone.
by Tommy Angelo
Jist did it, awesome tour, definitely worth the money. Lots of fun with the speed boats!!!
by Huyen Nguyen
The tour is very well-organised, the staff are excellent, fun people to hang out with. Highly recommended.
by A Google User
by Roger Kosakiewicz
We stayed in cannonvale which gave us the oppotunity to walk in to Airley beach each day along the lovely board walk, were we came in contact with one of the many helpful retail sales people and how we came to now about ocean rafting. We were told how much fun it was and putting it of due to windy conditions was a mistake as these boats are the fastest boats built for rough conditions and if anything are even more fun to be on.The staff are excellent full of history strive to find the best snorkelling locations which is incredible the scenery while cruising on the boat is stunning the walk and lookout at whitehaven beach unforgettable best value for money by far you wont regret takeing this tour we went 3 times and the fee reduced each time.Thanks to the team at Ocean Rafting for an ever lasting experience.
Roger & Janine